You’re looking in Tennessee for the best virtual mailbox to handle your mail, but the process is not black and white. You may not know if the plan you’re looking at will meet all your needs, especially if you’ve this is your first time trying them. As someone who has been using virtual addresses for more than a decade, what I’ve learned will help you choose the best location and company for your needs.
Below you’ll find an explanation of the features you need to look for in a Tennessee virtual address, but if you’d like, you can skip down to our recommendations, curated from more than 10 of the top virtual mailbox companies in the USA.
Recommended Tennessee Addresses
While you can find a full list of virtual addresses in Tennessee below, these are the four addresses we recommend based on company reputation and available features:
**Note: The links in this article may be affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you, I may be compensated if you choose to use one of these virtual addresses in Tennessee.
To learn more about choosing and setting up a virtual mailbox, use the following table of contents to navigate throughout this resource.
- How to Choose a Tennessee Virtual Mailbox
- How to Set Up a Virtual Mailbox in Tennessee
- Top Virtual Mailbox Providers in Nashville, TN
- Full List of Virtual Addresses in Tennessee
- Frequently Asked Questions
How to Choose a Tennessee Virtual Mailbox
Tennessee is equally full of southern charm as it is innovative, and it is particularly well known in the music industry. From the epicenter of country music, to blues-infused Memphis, to Elvis and the birth of Rock-and-Roll, Tennessee has something for everyone.
It is the 15th-most populous of the 50 states with just under 7 million residents. Nashville is the state’s capital and largest city, anchoring its largest metropolitan area. This expansive city is one among many great options as you look for your virtual address.
One of the primary reasons why Tennessee is so often used to register a business LLC is because they offer some of the most lenient tax incentives of any US state, particularly for those businesses who do not actively do business in state.
There are two primary questions to ask when choosing a Tennessee virtual address:
- What features do I need?
- Is this for business or personal use?
Let’s explore both of these questions.
Features to Look For
A virtual mailbox in Tennessee provides individuals and businesses with a real, physical mailing address in the state. Beyond this, you’ll get features like scanning, forwarding and mail shredding – quite the difference compared to a typical PO box.
The following features are considered to be the most valuable in a virtual mailbox company:
- Scans/Opens: Scans of your mail are included in your plan. However, you will want to carefully check the plan to find out how many pieces of mail you can receive per month as well as how many pages can be scanned per month without incurring additional fees. You don’t want any extra charges surprising you!
- Mail Forwarding: The beauty of a virtual address is the ability to consolidate your mail and forward it anywhere you want. If needed, check to be sure that your address allows for international forwarding (not all of them do). You also want to know which providers they use. For example, PostScan Mail has contracts with multiple shipping providers, which usually means you pay less for shipping (see our PostScan Mail review here)
- Local Pickup: Having the option to pick up your mail occasionally might appeal to you. If that’s the case, check to see if the plan allows that. Some do, but some charge a fee for it (typically $1-$3).
- Check Deposit: Currently, most providers offer check deposit as a feature, but it’s worth double-checking.
- Primary Hub Address: You get to choose between multiple addresses options in the state. The reason for this is because companies contract out with independent mail centers. However, this model has a drawback: the lack of control over quality or security. That’s why it’s worth considering a virtual mailbox primary hub, particularly if you’re a small business.
The other features you may want to consider are really dependent upon how you plan to use it. Is this Tennessee virtual address going to be for business or for personal use?
Virtual Business Address in Tennessee
With plenty of virtual mailbox services with Tennessee locations, you want to make sure the one you choose really fits the needs of a business your size. If you receive large volumes of mail or if security is a high value for you, be sure to find a virtual address located in a business park as opposed to an independent mail center in a strip mall.
It’s also a more professional presentation for your business.
If you want to use a virtual address for an LLC in Tennessee (yes, you can do this), make sure you choose a company that has been in business for a number of years. You wouldn’t want the hassle of changing your business address because your virtual mailbox company went under!
Tennessee offers great options and plenty of cities to choose from for a virtual address for businesses. Not to mention, when you digitize your mail, you save time, money and headache.
Virtual Address for Individuals in TN
You may not need a virtual address for business, but they are just as useful as a personal virtual addresses for individuals and families. At about ten dollars per month, you can have a greater level of privacy, in addition to all the multiple other benefits.
No longer do you need to give out your personal home address – you can provide your virtual address instead!
Popular providers like iPostal1, Anytime Mailbox, PostScan Mail, and Traveling Mailbox cater to the needs of individuals and families, making it easy to find a service that suits your personal requirements.
How to Set Up Your Tennessee Virtual Mailbox
Setting up a virtual mailbox in Tennessee requires a few steps but overall is a very straight-forward process. This includes:
- Choose Your Address: Your first task is to choose the Tennessee address that looks good to you and sign up for a specific plan.
- USPS Form 1583: You have to have this USPS form 1583 consent form signed and notarized before your virtual mailbox company can receive your mail. This grants them permission with the government. Quite often, providers include this form for you to submit during the sign up process.
- Set Up Authorized Recipients: Most mailboxes allow for at least two authorized recipients (i.e. you and your spouse or your name and your business name). Each recipient will need to have a notarized Form 1583 on file with the company.
- Start Receiving Mail: The set up process usually only takes about an hour, after which you can start giving out your new Tennessee virtual address.
- Manage Your Digital Mailbox: As you begin to receive mail, your mailbox dashboard will provide you with scans of any incoming mail and give you options for what you can do with that mail. Learn more about how a virtual mailbox works.
Once you’re all set up, apply for a change of address (temporary or permanent) online or at your local US post office. Your chosen provider will then scan your mails and packages and upload them to your virtual mailbox for easy access.
Top Virtual Mailbox Providers in Nashville, TN
Nashville is a great location to begin looking for your virtual mailbox. With options like PostScan Mail, and Anytime Mailbox, you’ll get the best services and features available. These providers offer secure mail and package services from USPS, FedEx, UPS, and DHL, professional business address and email notification when mail arrives.
The cost of these top virtual mailbox providers in Nashville starts at just $9.99 a month depending on your volume of mail and number of scans. Below two of the best virtual addresses we have found in Nashville, TN.
For a full list of available virtual addresses in Nashville, sort the full list of Tennessee addresses below.
Full List of Tennessee Virtual Addresses
We’ve done the hard work of researching the best virtual address companies and collecting a full list of every available Tennessee address.
Use the sort and search functions on the table below to find what you’re looking for. Because of the amount of information, it’s often better to view this table from a desktop computer as opposed to your mobile device.
Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve compiled the most common questions we receive about using a virtual mailbox (in Tennessee or anywhere), but this is just the tip of the iceberg. We have a ton of great resources to learn about virtual addresses that you can browse.
Yes, you can use a virtual address for your LLC in Tennessee. You need to register your business with the Tennessee Secretary of State and provide a physical address, rather than a P.O. box, as your registered address.
Virtual address works by allowing you to choose an actual physical address that is owned by a virtual address service. Mail sent to this address is received and scanned by the company before being uploaded to the cloud, giving you access to view and interact with the mail remotely. Learn more about how a virtual address works here.
Tennessee is a popular state to register a business because they offer favorable tax incentives, particularly for corporations who do not do business in the state. For this reasons, you’ll see many international businesses set up their US base in Tennessee.