It seems that all the virtual mailbox providers in Louisiana are the same, but I can assure you they are NOT. As someone who has been using virtual addresses for more than a decade, what I’ve learned will help you choose the best location and company for your needs.
Outlined below, you’ll find an explanation of the features you should look for in a Louisiana virtual address. However, you can also choose to scroll down to our recommendations, compiled from more than 10 of the top virtual mailbox companies in the USA.
Recommended Louisiana Addresses
While you can find a full list of virtual addresses in Louisiana below, these are the four addresses we recommend based on company reputation and available features:
**Note: The links in this article may be affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you, I may be compensated if you choose to use one of these virtual addresses in Louisiana.
To understand how to choose and set up a virtual mailbox, use the following table of contents to navigate throughout this resource.
- How to Choose a Louisiana Virtual Mailbox
- How to Set Up a Virtual Mailbox in Louisiana
- Top Virtual Mailbox Providers in New Orleans, LA
- Full List of Virtual Addresses in Louisiana
- Frequently Asked Questions
How to Choose a Louisiana Virtual Mailbox
Louisiana is unique with its French heritage, reflected in everything such as dialects, customs, demographics, and legal system. It is the only U.S. state divided into parishes (instead of counties), and it ranks 25th of the U.S. states in population.
The state can be divided into two primary regions: the uplands of the north, and the alluvial region – including low swamp lands, marshlands, and beaches – along the coast . Most of the state’s population lives in this southern region. This includes its largest city, Baton Rouge, as well as New Orleans, both of which could be great options for a virtual address.
There are two primary questions to ask when choosing a Louisiana virtual address:
- What features do I need?
- Is this for business or personal use?
Let’s explore both of these questions.
Features to Look For
There are big advantages to signing up for a Louisiana virtual mailbox. When you use this kind of mailbox instead of a PO box, you get a real, physical mailing address in the state as well as key features like scanning, mail forwarding, local pickup and mail shredding.
The following features are considered to be the most valuable in a virtual mailbox company:
- Scans/Opens: You need to carefully scan the available plans for each provider to find out how many pieces of mail you can receive per month as well as how many pages can be scanned per month without incurring additional fees. You’ll quickly notice those fees add up!
- Mail Forwarding: A virtual address allows you to consolidate all your mail and forward it anywhere with the click of a button. Check whether your address allows for international forwarding, if you’ll need that option (not all of them do). You also want to know which providers they use. For example, PostScan Mail has contracts with multiple shipping providers, which usually means you pay less for shipping (see our PostScan Mail review here)
- Local Pickup: You may occasionally want to drive to the address location and pick up your mail. Keep in mind that not every virtual address allows you to do this. Or if they do, some of them charge a fee (usually $1-$3). Check the details of the plan if you want this to be included.
- Check Deposit: It’s worth double-checking, but most providers do offer check deposit as a feature
- Primary Hub Address: Most virtual mailbox companies contract with independent mail centers to provide address locations. The downside to this model is that they don’t have any control over quality or security. For this reason, it’s worth considering a virtual mailbox primary hub, particularly if you’re a small business.
There are obviously other features to consider, but often this boils down to your use case: are you using this address in Louisiana for a business or for personal use?
Virtual Business Address in Louisiana
With multiple virtual mailbox services providing locations in Louisiana, it’s essential to choose one that really fits the needs of a business your size. If you receive large volumes of mail or if security is a high value for you, be sure to find a virtual address located in a business park as opposed to an independent mail center in a strip mall.
It’s also a more professional look for your business.
If you will be using a virtual address for an LLC in Louisiana(yes, you can do this), it’s in your best interest to choose a well-established company. It’s very inconvenient to have to change your business address because your virtual mailbox company went out of business!
Louisiana has plenty of great cities to choose from for a virtual address for businesses, and digitizing your mail can save a lot of time, money and headache.
Virtual Address for Individuals in LA
There are also useful personal virtual addresses for individuals and families, not just for businesses. For about ten dollars a month, you can enjoy a greater level of privacy as well as the many benefits and features that come with it.
No longer do you need to give out your personal home address – you can provide your virtual address instead!
Popular providers like iPostal1, Anytime Mailbox, PostScan Mail, and Traveling Mailbox cater to the needs of individuals and families, making it easy to find a service that suits your personal requirements.
How to Set Up Your Louisiana Virtual Mailbox
Setting up a virtual mailbox in Louisiana requires a few steps but overall is a very straight-forward process. This includes:
- Choose Your Address: Obviously the first thing you need to do is choose the Louisiana address you want to use and then sign up for a plan that works for you.
- USPS Form 1583: In order for another company to receive and open mail on your behalf, the US government requires you to sign and notarize a USPS Form 1583 consent. Many virtual mailbox providers make it very easy to submit this form during the sign up process.
- Set Up Authorized Recipients: Most mailboxes allow for at least two authorized recipients (i.e. you and your spouse or your name and your business name). Each recipient will need to have a notarized Form 1583 on file with the company.
- Start Receiving Mail: The set up process usually only takes about an hour, after which you can start giving out your new Louisiana virtual address.
- Manage Your Digital Mailbox: As you begin to receive mail, your mailbox dashboard will provide you with scans of any incoming mail and give you options for what you can do with that mail. Learn more about how a virtual mailbox works.
Once you’re all set up, apply for a change of address (temporary or permanent) online or at your local US post office. Your chosen provider will then scan your mails and packages and upload them to your virtual mailbox for easy access.
Top Virtual Mailbox Providers in New Orleans, LA
Looking for the best virtual mailbox providers in New Orleans? iPostal1, PostScan Mail, and Anytime Mailbox are all excellent options. These providers offer a range of features and services, such as secure mail and package services from USPS, FedEx, UPS, and DHL, as well as a professional business address and email notification when mail arrives.
The cost of these top virtual mailbox providers in New Orleans starts at just $9.99 a month depending on your volume of mail and number of scans. Here is our curated list of the best virtual addresses in New Orleans, LA.
For a full list of available virtual addresses in New Orleans, sort the full list of Louisiana addresses below.
Full List of Louisiana Virtual Addresses
We’ve done the hard work of researching the best virtual address companies and collecting a full list of every available Louisiana address.
Use the sort and search functions on the table below to find what you’re looking for. Because of the amount of information, it’s often better to view this table from a desktop computer as opposed to your mobile device.
Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve compiled the most common questions we receive about using a virtual mailbox (in Louisiana or anywhere), but this is just the tip of the iceberg. We have a ton of great resources to learn about virtual addresses that you can browse.
Yes, you can use a virtual address for your LLC in Louisiana. You need to register your business with the Louisiana Secretary of State and provide a physical address, rather than a P.O. box, as your registered address.
Virtual address works by allowing you to choose an actual physical address that is owned by a virtual address service. Mail sent to this address is received and scanned by the company before being uploaded to the cloud, giving you access to view and interact with the mail remotely. Learn more about how a virtual address works here.
Louisiana is a popular state to register a business because they offer favorable tax incentives, particularly for corporations who do not do business in the state. For this reasons, you’ll see many international businesses set up their US base in Louisiana.