You’re not willing to settle for just any virtual mailbox in Indiana. You want the best, but they all look the same. It may seem that way, but they are NOT. I’ve been using virtual addresses for more than a decade, and what I’ve learned will help you choose the best location and company for your needs.
Explained below are features you need to look for as you choose an Indiana virtual address. However, you can also skip down to our recommendations, compiled from more than 10 of the top virtual mailbox companies in the USA.
Recommended Indiana Addresses
You can find our comprehensive list of virtual addresses in Indiana below, but these next four are ones we suggest due to their reputable name and the range of features they offer:
**Note: The links in this article may be affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you, I may be compensated if you choose to use one of these virtual addresses in Indiana.
To learn more about choosing and setting up a virtual mailbox, use the following table of contents to navigate throughout this resource.
- How to Choose an Indiana Virtual Mailbox
- How to Set Up a Virtual Mailbox in Indiana
- Top Virtual Mailbox Providers in Indianapolis, IN
- Full List of Virtual Addresses in Indiana
- Frequently Asked Questions
How to Choose an Indiana Virtual Mailbox
Well known for more than its Indianapolis 500 and Indianapolis Motor Speedway, Indiana boasts of having one of the most diverse U.S. economies. Originally, it received its name due to the settlement of various native tribes, and it remains the 17th most populous of the states. Its capital and largest city is Indianapolis, and it has several metropolitan populations exceeding 100,000, all of which are great options for your virtual addresses.
There are two primary questions to ask when choosing an Indiana virtual address:
- What features do I need?
- Is this for business or personal use?
Let’s explore both of these questions.
Features to Look For
An Indiana virtual mailbox provides individuals and businesses with a real, physical mailing address in the state. Opting for this kind of mailbox instead of a PO box gives you benefits such as scanning, mail forwarding, local pickup and mail shredding.
The following features are considered to be the most valuable in a virtual mailbox company:
- Scans/Opens: Explore each plan to find out your monthly mail capacity. The plan may also have a page scanning limit, so you want to find out your monthly allowance of page scans because those fees add up quickly!
- Mail Forwarding: Having a virtual address gives you the unique ability to to centralize your mail and forward it to your preferred destination. If international forwarding is needed, verify that the address allows it (not all of them do). Also, which providers do they use? For example, PostScan Mail has contracts with several shipping providers, meaning you pay less for shipping (see our PostScan Mail review here)
- Local Pickup: Not every virtual address allows you to drive to the address to pick up your mail. Or if they do, some of them charge a fee (usually $1-$3). Be sure to check the details of the address if you plan to be near enough to pick up your mail occasionally.
- Check Deposit: Check deposit is currently an offered feature for most providers, but it’s worth double-checking.
- Primary Hub Address: Most virtual mailbox companies contract with independent mail centers to provide address locations. The downside to this model is that they don’t have any control over quality or security. For this reason, it’s worth considering a virtual mailbox primary hub, particularly if you’re a small business.
There are obviously other features to consider, but often this boils down to your use case: are you using this address in Indiana for a business or for personal use?
Virtual Business Address in Indiana
Since there are many different providers in Indiana, you really want to make sure the one you choose fits the needs for your business. If you receive large volumes of mail or if security is a high value for you, make sure the address you choose is located located in a business park as opposed to an independent mail center in a strip mall.
It’s also a more professional look for your business.
If your plan is to use a virtual address for an LLC in Indiana (yes, you can do this), it’s critical to choose a company that has been in business for a number of years. It would be a huge burden to have to change your business address if your virtual mailbox company went out of business!
Indiana has plenty of great cities to choose from for a virtual address for businesses, and digitizing your mail can save a lot of time, money and headache.
Virtual Address for Individuals in IN
You may instead be considering a personal virtual addresses for you or your family. For only about ten dollars a month, you could enjoy the benefits of a virtual mailbox, including a greater level of privacy.
Imagine not having to give out your personal home address to companies that haven’t earned your trust – you can provide your virtual address instead!
Popular providers like iPostal1, Anytime Mailbox, PostScan Mail, and Traveling Mailbox cater to the needs of individuals and families, making it easy to find a service that suits your personal requirements.
How to Set Up Your Indiana Virtual Mailbox
Setting up a virtual mailbox in Indiana requires a few steps but overall is a very straight-forward process. This includes:
- Choose Your Address: Of course, the first item on your agenda is to choose the Indiana address you want and sign up for a plan that works for you.
- USPS Form 1583: The US government requires you to sign and notarize a USPS Form 1583 consent to allow another company to open your mail. Oftentimes, virtual mailbox providers make it very easy to submit this form during the sign up process.
- Set Up Authorized Recipients: Two authorized recipients are usually allowed per mailbox (i.e. you and your spouse or your name and your business name). Each recipient will need to have a notarized Form 1583 on file with the company.
- Start Receiving Mail: The set up process usually only takes about an hour, after which you can start giving out your new Indiana virtual address.
- Manage Your Digital Mailbox: As you begin to receive mail, your mailbox dashboard will show you the scans of any incoming mail and give you options for what you can do with that mail. Learn more about how a virtual mailbox works.
Once you get set up, remember to apply for a change of address (temporary or permanent) online or at your local US post office. Your virtual mailbox will begin to fill up with scans of your mails and packages for easy access.
Top Virtual Mailbox Providers in Indianapolis, IN
Looking for the best virtual mailbox providers in Indianapolis? iPostal1, PostScan Mail, and Anytime Mailbox are all excellent options. These providers offer a range of features and services, such as secure mail and package services from USPS, FedEx, UPS, and DHL, as well as a professional business address and email notification when mail arrives.
The cost of these top virtual mailbox providers in Indianapolis starts at just $9.99 a month depending on your volume of mail and number of scans. Here is our curated list of the best virtual addresses in Indianapolis, IN.
For a full list of available virtual addresses in Wilmington, sort the full list of Indiana addresses below.
Full List of Indiana Virtual Addresses
We’ve done the hard work of researching the best virtual address companies and collecting a full list of every available Indiana address.
Use the sort and search functions on the table below to find what you’re looking for. Because of the amount of information, it’s often better to view this table from a desktop computer as opposed to your mobile device.
Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve compiled the most common questions we receive about using a virtual mailbox (in Indiana or anywhere), but this is just the tip of the iceberg. We have a ton of great resources to learn about virtual addresses that you can browse.
Yes, you can use a virtual address for your LLC in Indiana. You need to register your business with the Indiana Secretary of State and provide a physical address, rather than a P.O. box, as your registered address.
Virtual address works by allowing you to choose an actual physical address that is owned by a virtual address service. Mail sent to this address is received and scanned by the company before being uploaded to the cloud, giving you access to view and interact with the mail remotely. Learn more about how a virtual address works here.
Indiana is a popular state to register a business because they offer favorable tax incentives, particularly for corporations who do not do business in the state. For this reasons, you’ll see many international businesses set up their US base in Indiana.