You are looking for the best virtual mailbox in Idaho to handle your mail, but they all look so similar. At first glance, it seems that way, but they are NOT. After using virtual addresses for more than a decade, I’ve learned some things that will make it easier for you to choose the best location and company for your needs.
You’ll find below an outline of the features you need to look for in an Idaho virtual address, but if you’d like, you can skip down to our recommendations, curated from more than 10 of the top virtual mailbox companies in the USA.
Recommended Idaho Addresses
While you can find a full list of virtual addresses in Idaho below, these are the four addresses we recommend based on company reputation and available features:
**Note: The links in this article may be affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you, I may be compensated if you choose to use one of these virtual addresses in Idaho.
To learn more about choosing and setting up a virtual mailbox, use the following table of contents to navigate throughout this resource.
- How to Choose an Idaho Virtual Mailbox
- How to Set Up a Virtual Mailbox in Idaho
- Top Virtual Mailbox Providers in Boise, ID.
- Full List of Virtual Addresses in Idaho
- Frequently Asked Questions
How to Choose an Idaho Virtual Mailbox
Although Idaho is one of the least populous of the 50 U.S. states with a population of only 1.8 million, it holds economic significance in several unique industries. It is a home for headquarters and factories of a large number of science and technology firms, many of which are located in its largest city, Boise.
There are two primary questions to ask when choosing an Idaho virtual address:
- What features do I need?
- Is this for business or personal use?
Let’s explore both of these in greater detail.
Features to Look For
With an Idaho virtual mailbox, you’ll get incredible benefits, one of which is a real, physical mailing address for your business. Mail received at this address can then be scanned, forwarded, picked up or shredded.
The following features are considered to be the most valuable in a virtual mailbox company:
- Scans/Opens: With every plan, your mail will be scanned for you. However, make sure you review the plan to find out the following: how many pieces of mail you can receive per month and how many pages can be scanned per month without incurring additional fees. Those fees add up quickly!
- Mail Forwarding: A virtual address gives you the opportunity to consolidate your mail and forward it anywhere you want. If you will need international forwarding, check to see if your address allows for that (not all of them do). You also want to find out which providers they use. For instance, PostScan Mail has contracts with multiple shipping providers, usually meaning you pay less for shipping (see our PostScan Mail review here)
- Local Pickup: Not every virtual address will allow you to personally pick up your mail. And some of them may charge a fee (usually $1-$3). Be sure to check the details of the address if you plan to be near enough to pick up your mail on occasion.
- Check Deposit: At this point, check deposit is provided by most plans, but it’s worth double-checking.
- Primary Hub Address: Virtual mailbox companies often contract with independent mail centers to provide address locations. Unfortunately, that means there is less control over quality or security. This is why it’s worth considering a virtual mailbox primary hub, particularly if you’re a small business.
There are obviously other features to consider, but often this boils down to your use case: are you using this address in Idaho for a business or for personal use?
Virtual Business Address in Idaho
With numerous virtual mailbox services providing locations in Idaho, it’s essential to choose one that really fits the needs of a business your size. If you receive large volumes of mail or if security is a high value for you, be sure to find a virtual address located in a business park as opposed to an independent mail center in a strip mall.
It’s also a more professional look for your business.
If you plan to use a virtual address for an LLC in Idaho (yes, you can do this), it’s critical to choose a company that has been in business for a number of years. It’s very inconvenient to have to change your business address because your virtual mailbox company went out of business!
Idaho has plenty of great cities to choose from for a virtual address for businesses, and digitizing your mail can save a lot of time, money and headache.
Virtual Address for Individuals in ID
Virtual mailbox services aren’t just for businesses; there are also useful personal virtual addresses for individuals and families. For about ten dollars per month, you can enjoy the benefits of a virtual mailbox, especially a greater level of privacy.
No longer do you need to give out your personal home address – you can provide your virtual address instead!
Popular providers like iPostal1, Anytime Mailbox, PostScan Mail, and Traveling Mailbox cater to the needs of individuals and families, making it easy to find a service that suits your personal requirements.
How to Set Up Your Idaho Virtual Mailbox
Setting up a virtual mailbox in Idaho requires a few steps but overall is a very straight-forward process. This includes:
- Choose Your Address: Obviously the first thing you need to do is choose the Idaho address you want to use and then sign up for a plan that works for you.
- USPS Form 1583: In order for another company to receive and open mail on your behalf, the US government requires you to sign and notarize a USPS Form 1583 consent. Many virtual mailbox providers make it very easy to submit this form during the sign up process.
- Set Up Authorized Recipients: Most mailboxes allow for at least two authorized recipients (i.e. you and your spouse or your name and your business name). Each recipient will need to have a notarized Form 1583 on file with the company.
- Start Receiving Mail: The set up process usually only takes about an hour, after which you can start giving out your new Idaho virtual address.
- Manage Your Digital Mailbox: As you begin to receive mail, your mailbox dashboard will provide you with scans of any incoming mail and give you options for what you can do with that mail. Learn more about how a virtual mailbox works.
Once you’re all set up, apply for a change of address (temporary or permanent) online or at your local US post office. Your chosen provider will then scan your mails and packages and upload them to your virtual mailbox for easy access.
Top Virtual Mailbox Providers in Boise, ID
Looking for the best virtual mailbox providers in Boise? iPostal1 and Anytime Mailbox are all excellent options. These providers offer a range of features and services, such as secure mail and package services from USPS, FedEx, UPS, and DHL, as well as a professional business address and email notification when mail arrives.
The cost of these top virtual mailbox providers in Boise starts at just $9.99 a month depending on your volume of mail and number of scans. Here are our two favorite addresses in Boise, ID.
For a full list of available virtual addresses throughout the state, sort the full list of Idaho addresses below.
Full List of Idaho Virtual Addresses
We’ve done the hard work of researching the best virtual address companies and collecting a full list of every available Idaho address.
Use the sort and search functions on the table below to find what you’re looking for. Because of the amount of information, it’s often better to view this table from a desktop computer as opposed to your mobile device.
Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve compiled the most common questions we receive about using a virtual mailbox (in Idaho or anywhere), but this is just the tip of the iceberg. We have a ton of great resources to learn about virtual addresses that you can browse.
Yes, you can use a virtual address for your LLC in Idaho. You need to register your business with the Idaho Secretary of State and provide a physical address, rather than a P.O. box, as your registered address.
Virtual address works by allowing you to choose an actual physical address that is owned by a virtual address service. Mail sent to this address is received and scanned by the company before being uploaded to the cloud, giving you access to view and interact with the mail remotely. Learn more about how a virtual address works here.
Idaho is a popular state to register a business because they offer favorable tax incentives, particularly for corporations who do not do business in the state. For this reasons, you’ll see many international businesses set up their US base in Idaho.