All the virtual mailbox providers seem to look the same in Kansas, but you need to find the best one to fit your needs. Well, they’re definitely NOT the same, and you’re about to learn why. After using virtual addresses for more than a decade, I’ve learned a few important things to help you choose the best location and company for your needs.
Below you’ll find an explanation of the features you need to look for in a Kansas virtual address, but if you’d like, you can skip down to our recommendations, curated from more than 10 of the top virtual mailbox companies in the USA.
Recommended Kansas Addresses
You can look through a full list of virtual addresses in Kansas below, but these next four addresses have some of the best features from reputable companies:
**Note: The links in this article may be affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you, I may be compensated if you choose to use one of these virtual addresses in Kansas.
To learn more about choosing and setting up a virtual mailbox, use the following table of contents to navigate throughout this resource.
- How to Choose a Kansas Virtual Mailbox
- How to Set Up a Virtual Mailbox in Kansas
- Top Virtual Mailbox Providers in Wichita, KS
- Full List of Virtual Addresses in Kansas
- Frequently Asked Questions
How to Choose a Kansas Virtual Mailbox
Located equal distance from both the Atlantic and the Pacific oceans, Kansas is the 15th-largest state by area. It is also known for what is called “rural flight,” with now over 6,000 ghost towns and dwindling cities. Even still, 90% of the its land is used for agriculture, wheat being its most significant crop.
Kansas’ industrial influences include transportation, aircraft, food processing and more, now most heavily influenced by the aerospace industry. Wichita is the most populous city in the U.S. state of Kansas and can be one of multiple great options for a personal or business virtual address.
There are two primary questions to ask when choosing a Kansas virtual address:
- What features do I need?
- Is this for business or personal use?
Let’s explore both of these questions.
Features to Look For
A virtual mailbox in Kansas will provide you or your business with a real, physical mailing address in the state. Additionally, using this kind of mailbox instead of a PO box includes features like scanning, mail forwarding, local pickup and mail shredding.
The following are considered to be the most valuable features in a virtual mailbox company:
- Scans/Opens: Each mail piece you receive will be scanned. Review the details of your plan to find out how many scans are allowed per month. Not only that, but find out how many pages can be scanned per month, before you incur additional fees. Those fees add up quickly!
- Mail Forwarding: The beauty of a virtual address is the ability to consolidate your mail and forward it anywhere you want. If needed, check to be sure that your address allows for international forwarding (not all of them do). You also want to know which providers they use. For example, PostScan Mail has contracts with multiple shipping providers, which usually means you pay less for shipping (see our PostScan Mail review here)
- Local Pickup: Just because you’re close in proximity to the address you choose does not always mean you can pick up your mail. If may want to pick up occasionally, check if your address allows that. Also check whether they charge a fee for it. If they do, it’s usually around $1-$3.
- Check Deposit: Currently, most providers offer check deposit as a feature, but it’s worth double-checking.
- Primary Hub Address: Virtual mailbox providers often contract with independent mail centers to provide address locations. The disadvantage of this model is the lack of control over quality or security. For this reason, it’s worth considering a virtual mailbox primary hub, particularly if you’re a small business.
There are obviously other features to consider, but often this boils down to your use case: are you using this address in Kansas for a business or for personal use?
Virtual Business Address in Kansas
With numerous virtual mailbox services providing locations in Kansas, it’s essential to choose one that really fits the needs of a business your size. If you receive large volumes of mail or if security is a high value for you, be sure to find a virtual address located in a business park as opposed to an independent mail center in a strip mall.
Your business will also have a more professional appearance.
What about using a virtual address for an LLC in Kansas? Yes, you can do this. For an LLC, you want to make sure you choose an established company. You don’t want to have to change your business address because your virtual mailbox company closed their operations!
Kansas has plenty of great cities to choose from for a virtual address for businesses, and digitizing your mail can save a lot of time, money and headache.
Virtual Address for Individuals in KS
Virtual mailbox services aren’t just for businesses; there are also useful personal virtual addresses for individuals and families. For about ten dollars per month, you can enjoy the benefits of a virtual mailbox, especially a greater level of privacy.
You won’t need to give away your private home address anymore – you can provide your virtual address instead!
Well Known providers like iPostal1, Anytime Mailbox, PostScan Mail, and Traveling Mailbox cater to individuals and families, making it easy to find a service that suits your particular needs.
How to Set Up Your Kansas Virtual Mailbox
Setting up a virtual mailbox in Kansas requires a few steps but overall is a very straight-forward process. This includes:
- Choose Your Address: Your first priority is to choose the Kansas address and plan that works for you, and sign up.
- USPS Form 1583: You are required by the US government to sign and notarize a USPS Form 1583 consent, and this allows a company to receive and open mail for you. Many virtual mailbox providers make it very easy to submit this form during the sign up process.
- Set Up Authorized Recipients: Most mailboxes allow for at least two authorized recipients (i.e. you and your spouse or your name and your business name). Each recipient will need to have a notarized Form 1583 on file with the company.
- Start Receiving Mail: The set up process usually only takes about an hour, after which you can start giving out your new Kansas virtual address.
- Manage Your Digital Mailbox: Your mailbox dashboard will provide you with scans of your incoming mail and give you options for what you can do with that mail. Learn more about how a virtual mailbox works.
Once you’re all set up, apply for a change of address (temporary or permanent) online or at your local US post office. Your chosen provider will then scan your mails and packages and upload them to your virtual mailbox for easy access.
Top Virtual Mailbox Providers in Wichita, KS
If you want the best virtual mailbox providers in Wichita, then PostScan Mail and Anytime Mailbox are excellent options. These providers offer a range of features and services, contract with USPS, FedEx, UPS, and DHL, and provide an email notification when mail arrives.
The cost of these top Wichita providers starts at just $9.99 a month depending on your volume of mail and number of scans. Here is our pick of the two best virtual addresses in Wichita, KS.
For a full list of available virtual addresses in Wichita, sort the full list of Kansas addresses below.
Full List of Kansas Virtual Addresses
We’ve done the hard work of researching the best virtual address companies and collecting a full list of every available Kansas address.
Use the sort and search functions on the table below to find what you’re looking for. Because of the amount of information, it’s often better to view this table from a desktop computer as opposed to your mobile device.
Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve compiled the most common questions we receive about using a virtual mailbox (in Kansas or anywhere), but this is just the tip of the iceberg. We have a ton of great resources to learn about virtual addresses that you can browse.
Yes, you can use a virtual address for your LLC in Kansas. You need to register your business with the Kansas Secretary of State and provide a physical address, rather than a P.O. box, as your registered address.
Virtual address works by allowing you to choose an actual physical address that is owned by a virtual address service. Mail sent to this address is received and scanned by the company before being uploaded to the cloud, giving you access to view and interact with the mail remotely. Learn more about how a virtual address works here.
Kansas is a popular state to register a business because they offer favorable tax incentives, particularly for corporations who do not do business in the state. For this reasons, you’ll see many international businesses set up their US base in Kansas.