You’re looking for the best virtual mailbox in Montana to handle your physical mail, but they all look the same. Trust me, they’re NOT. I’ve been using virtual addresses for 10+ years and the important lessons I’ve learned will help you choose the best address for your needs.
Below you’ll find a rundown of the features you need to look for in a Montana virtual address, but if you’d like, you can skip down to our recommendations, curated from more than 10 of the top virtual mailbox companies in the USA.
Recommended Montana Addresses
While you can find a full list of virtual addresses in Montana below, these are the four addresses we recommend based on company reputation and available features:
**Note: The links in this article may be affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you, I may be compensated if you choose to use one of these virtual addresses in Montana.
To learn more about choosing and setting up a virtual mailbox, use the following table of contents to navigate throughout this resource.
- How to Choose a Montana Virtual Mailbox
- How to Set Up a Virtual Mailbox in Montana
- Top Virtual Mailbox Providers in Billings, MT
- Full List of Virtual Addresses in Montana
- Frequently Asked Questions
How to Choose a Montana Virtual Mailbox
Despite being one of the least densely populated states, Montana is routinely ranked as one of the best states for starting a small business due to its low filing fees and friendly tax climate. It’s also a popular place to live for those who want to get away from the hustle and bustle to find more privacy.
For this reason and others, Montana is an ideal place to find a virtual address.
There are two primary questions to consider when choosing a Montana address:
- What features do I need?
- Is this for business or personal use?
Let’s explore both of these questions.
Features to Look For
A Montana virtual mailbox offers incredible benefits, providing individuals and businesses with a real physical mailing address in the state. There are plenty of reasons why it’s better than using a PO Box, including features like scanning, mail forwarding, local pickup and mail shredding.
The following features are what you’ll need to pay most attention to as you do your due diligence:
- Scans/Opens: How many pieces of mail you can receive per month? How many pages can be scanned per month without incurring additional fees? These are the questions you need to answer.
- Mail Forwarding: The beauty of a virtual address is the ability to consolidate your mail and forward it anywhere in the world. That said, check to be sure that your address allows for international forwarding (not all of them do). You also want to know which providers they use. For example, PostScan Mail contracts with multiple shipping providers, which usually means you pay less for shipping.
- Local Pickup? Not every address in Montana allows for local pickup, or if they do, some of them charge a fee (some don’t). Be sure to check the location details if you plan to be near enough to pick up your mail occasionally.
- Check Deposit: At this point, most providers offer check deposit as a feature, but it’s worth making absolutely sure. This is a valuable and time-saving feature.
- Primary Hub Address: Most virtual mailbox companies contract with independent mail centers to provide address locations. The downside to this model is that they don’t have any control over quality or security. For this reason, it’s worth considering a virtual mailbox primary hub, particularly if you’re a small business.
There are obviously other features to consider, but often this boils down to your use case: are you using this address in Montana for a business or for personal use?
Virtual Business Address in Montana
With numerous virtual mailbox services available in Montana , it’s essential to choose one that really fits the needs of a business your size. If you receive large volumes of mail or if security is a high value for you, be sure to find a virtual address located in a business park as opposed to an independent mail center in a strip mall.
It’s also a more professional look for your business.
If you plan to use a virtual address in Montana for an LLC (yes, you can do this), it’s crucial to choose a service that has been in business for a number of years. It’s not fun to have to change your business address because your virtual mailbox company went out of business!
Montana has a number of cities to choose from for a virtual address for businesses, including Bozeman, Helena, Billings and Whitefish, and digitizing your mail sent to any of these cities can save a lot of time, money and headache.
Virtual Address for Individuals in MT
Virtual mailbox services aren’t just for businesses; there are also useful personal virtual addresses for individuals and families living in or out of state. For less than $10 a month, you can enjoy the privacy and convenience benefits that a virtual mailbox provides.
You no longer have to give out your personal home address in Montana (which isn’t ideal!) – you can provide your virtual address instead.
Popular providers like iPostal1, Anytime Mailbox, and PostScan Mail cater to the needs of individuals and families, making it easy to find a service that suits your personal requirements.
How to Set Up Your Montana Virtual Mailbox
Setting up a virtual mailbox in Montana requires a few steps but overall is a very straight-forward process. This includes:
- Choosing Your Address: Obviously the first thing you need to do is choose the location in Montana that you want to use and then sign up for a plan that works best.
- USPS Form 1583: In order for another company to receive and open mail on your behalf, the US government requires you to sign and notarize a USPS Form 1583 consent. Most virtual mailbox providers make it very easy to submit this form after you’ve signed up.
- Setting Up Authorized Recipients: Most mailboxes allow for at least two authorized recipients (i.e. you and your spouse or your name and your business name). Each recipient will need to have a notarized Form 1583 on file with the company.
- Starting to Receive Mail: The set up process usually only takes about an hour, after which you can start giving out your new Montana virtual address.
- Manage Your Digital Mailbox: As you begin to receive mail, your mailbox dashboard will provide you with scans of any incoming mail and give you options for what you can do with that mail. Learn more about how a virtual mailbox works.
Once you’re all set up, apply for a change of address (temporary or permanent) online or at your local US post office. Your chosen provider will then scan your mails and packages and upload them to your virtual mailbox for easy access.
Top Virtual Mailbox Providers in Billings, MT
As the largest city in Montana, Billings is naturally the most popular place to look for a virtual address location.
iPostal1, PostScan Mail, and Anytime Mailbox are all offer excellent options. These providers offer a range of features and services, such as secure mail and package services from USPS, FedEx, UPS, and DHL, as well as a professional business address and email notification when mail arrives.
The cost of these top virtual mailbox providers in Billings starts at just $9.99 a month depending on your volume of mail and number of scans. Here is our curated list of the best virtual addresses in Billings, MT.
For a full list of available virtual addresses in the state, sort the full list of Montana addresses below.
Full List of Montana Virtual Addresses
We’ve done the hard work of researching the best virtual address companies and collecting a full list of every available Montana address.
Use the sort and search functions on the table below to find what you’re looking for. Because of the amount of information, it’s often better to view this table from a desktop computer as opposed to your mobile device.
Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve compiled the most common questions we receive about using a virtual mailbox (in Montana or anywhere), but this is just the tip of the iceberg. We have a ton of great resources to learn about virtual addresses that you can browse.
Yes, you can use a virtual address to register your LLC in Montana. You’ll need to register your business with the Montana Secretary of State, which can accept a virtual address as your primary business location.
Virtual address works by allowing you to choose an actual physical address that is owned by a virtual mailbox service. Mail sent to this address is received and scanned by the company before being uploaded to the cloud, giving you access to view and interact with the mail remotely. Learn more about how a virtual address works here.
Yes, a virtual address can forward mail from Montana to anywhere in the world. With a virtual mailbox, you can receive and store your mail in the cloud but you can also forward it to your preferred physical address. If you happen to live internationally, check to be sure the address offers international shipping.