You need the best virtual mailbox in Alabama to handle your mail, but they all look the same. Trust me…they’re NOT. I’ve been using virtual addresses for more than a decade now and my experience will help you choose the best location and company for your needs.
Below you’ll find an explanation of the features you need to look for in a Alabama virtual address, but if you’d like, you can skip down to my recommendations, curated from more than 10 of the top virtual mailbox companies in the USA.
Recommended Alabama Addresses
While you can find a full list of virtual addresses in Alabama below, these are the four addresses we recommend based on company reputation and available features:
**Note: The links in this article may be affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you, I may be compensated if you choose to use one of these virtual addresses in Alabama.
To learn more about choosing and setting up a virtual mailbox, use the following table of contents to navigate throughout this resource.
- How to Choose a Alabama Virtual Mailbox
- How to Set Up a Virtual Mailbox in Alabama
- Top Virtual Mailbox Providers in Birmingham, AL
- Full List of Virtual Addresses in Alabama
- Frequently Asked Questions
How to Choose a Alabama Virtual Mailbox
Alabama is the 24th-most populous of the U.S. states but is also one of the most poor, with a median family income below the national average. Despite this, the general economy shows signs of steady growth and there is an obvious sense of pride for those who call the state their home (particularly if you love college football).
There are two primary questions to ask when choosing a Alabama virtual address:
- What kind of features do I need?
- Is this address for business or personal use?
Let’s explore both of these questions.
Features to Look For
An Alabama virtual mailbox offers incredible benefits, providing individuals and businesses with a real mailing address to use in the state. There are numerous advantages of a virtual mailbox instead of a PO box with features like scanning, mail forwarding, local pickup and mail shredding.
The following features are considered to be the most valuable to look for in a virtual mailbox plan:
- Scans/Opens: Carefully review the plans offered by each mailbox provider to see how many pieces of mail you are allowed to receive per month as well as how many pages can be scanned per month without incurring additional fees. Trust me…those fees can add up quickly!
- Mail Forwarding: The benefit of using a virtual address is how you can consolidate your mail and forward it anywhere you want. Check to be sure that your address allows for international forwarding (not all of them do). You also want to know which providers they use. For example, PostScan Mail has contracts with multiple shipping providers, which usually means you pay less for shipping (see our PostScan Mail review here)
- Local Pickup: Not all virtual address locations allow you to drive to the address to pick up your mail in-person. Or if they do, they may charge a fee (usually $1-$3). Check the details of the address if you plan to be near enough to pick up your mail occasionally.
- Check Deposit: Most providers offer check deposit as a feature, but it’s worth double-checking.
- Primary Hub Address: Most virtual mailbox companies contract with independent mail centers to provide address locations. The downside to this model is that they don’t have any control over quality or security. For this reason, it’s worth considering a virtual mailbox primary hub, particularly if you’re a small business.
There are obviously other features you can consider, but often this boils down to your use case: are you using this address in Alabama for a business or for personal use?
Virtual Business Address in Alabama
With numerous virtual mailbox companies offering locations throughout the state of Alabama, it’s critical to choose one that really fits the needs of a business your size. If you receive large volumes of mail or if security is a high value for you, be sure to find a virtual address located in a business park as opposed to an independent mail center in a strip mall.
This business park also presents a more professional look for businesses.
If you plan to use a virtual address for an LLC in Alabama (yes, you can do this), it’s critical to choose a mailing company that has been in business for a number of years. It’s very inconvenient to have to change your business address because your virtual mailbox company went out of business!
Alabama has plenty of great cities to choose from for a virtual address for businesses, and digitizing your mail can save a lot of time, money and headache.
Virtual Address for Individuals in AL
Virtual mailbox services aren’t just for businesses; there are also useful personal virtual addresses for individuals and families. For about ten dollars per month, you can enjoy the benefits of a virtual mailbox, particularly a greater level of privacy.
You no longer need to give out your home address anytime someone asks for it – you can provide your virtual address instead!
Popular providers like iPostal1, Anytime Mailbox, PostScan Mail, and Traveling Mailbox cater to the needs of individuals and families, making it easy to find a service that suits your personal requirements.
How to Set Up Your Alabama Virtual Mailbox
Setting up a virtual mailbox in Alabama requires a few steps but overall is a very straight-forward process. This includes:
- Choose Your Address: The first thing you need to do is choose the Alabama address you want to use and then sign up for a plan that works for you.
- USPS Form 1583: In order for another company to receive and open mail on your behalf, the US government requires you to sign and notarize a USPS Form 1583 consent. Many virtual mailbox providers make it very easy to submit this form during the sign up process.
- Set Up Authorized Recipients: Most mailboxes allow for at least two authorized recipients (i.e. you and your spouse or your name and your business name). Each recipient will need to have a notarized Form 1583 on file with the company.
- Start Receiving Mail: The set up process usually only takes about an hour, after which you can start giving out your new Alabama virtual address.
- Manage Your Digital Mailbox: As you begin to receive mail, your mailbox dashboard will provide you with scans of any incoming mail and give you options for what you can do with that mail. Learn more about how a virtual mailbox works.
Once you’re all set up, apply for a change of address (temporary or permanent) online or at your local US post office. Your chosen provider will then scan your mails and packages and upload them to your virtual mailbox for easy access.
Top Virtual Mailbox Providers in Birmingham, AL
Looking for the best virtual mailbox providers in Birmingham? Companies like iPostal1, PostScan Mail, and Anytime Mailbox are all excellent options.
These providers offer a range of features and services, such as secure mail and package services from USPS, FedEx, UPS, and DHL, as well as a professional business address and email notification when mail arrives.
The cost of these top virtual mailbox providers in Birmingham starts at just $9.99 a month depending on your volume of mail and number of scans. Here is our curated list of the best virtual addresses in Birmingham, AL.
For a full list of available virtual addresses in Birmingham, sort the list of Alabama addresses below.
Full List of Alabama Virtual Addresses
We’ve done the hard work of researching the best virtual address companies and collecting a full list of every available Alabama address.
Use the sort and search functions on the table below to find what you’re looking for. Because of the amount of information, it’s often better to view this table from a desktop computer as opposed to your mobile device.
Frequently Asked Questions
We’ve compiled the most common questions we receive about using a virtual mailbox (in Alabama or anywhere), but this is just the tip of the iceberg. We have a ton of great resources to learn about virtual addresses that you can browse.
Yes, you can use a virtual address for your LLC in Alabama. You need to register your business with the Alabama Secretary of State and provide a physical address, rather than a P.O. box, as your registered address.
Virtual address works by allowing you to choose an actual physical address that is owned by a virtual address service. Mail sent to this address is received and scanned by the company before being uploaded to the cloud, giving you access to view and interact with the mail remotely. Learn more about how a virtual address works here.
Yes, you can. Sometimes you’ll see companies that are trying to sell you their registered agent services, but this isn’t necessary. You can use a virtual address as long as you’re constantly maintaining and checking the mail coming to this address.